Digital health wallet is an electronic application through which students can access, manage and share their health information in a private, secure, and confidential environment. Whether in the classroom, cafeteria, or playground, or on the sports field or a school trip, a DHW puts the most important information about your students’ health needs right at your fingertips. In addition to making action plans and emergency contacts available, when student data is stored in an electronic system, it is easy to pull summary reports about a group of students. An DHW can also help the school proactively communicate with parents and faculty when a situation arises.
Digital health wallet help providers better manage care for students and provide better health care by:
- Providing accurate, up-to-date, and complete information about patientsat the point of care
- Enabling quick access to patient records for more coordinated, efficient care
- Securely sharing electronic informationwith patients and other clinicians
- Helping providers more effectively diagnose patients, reduce medical errors, and provide safer care.
- Improving patient and provider interaction and communication, as well as health care convenience.
- Enhancing privacy and security of patient data
- Reducing coststhrough decreased paperwork, improved safety, reduced duplication of testing, and improved health.
- Contain a student’s medical history, diagnoses, medications, immunization dates, allergies, radiology images, and laboratory and test results
It is built to share information with other health care providers and organizations – such as laboratories, specialists, medical imaging facilities, pharmacies, emergency facilities, and school and workplace clinics – so they contain information from all clinicians involved in a patient’s care.
7th standard student and he’s excited to be playing for the school football team. He suffers from mild asthma, but his doctor cleared him to play in his pre-season physical, and his health forms are up-to-date. On a fall day, as he is getting ready for his first goal, he starts having trouble breathing. At first he ignores the symptoms, thinking he is just tired and a little out of shape. The game starts, and he crouches to the ground, grabbing his chest and gasping for air. His coach runs over and immediately seeks medical help. With an digital health record the coach can quickly and easily pull up information on how to help his player. He can retrieve the asthma action plan, get his inhaler, and get him feeling better, faster, even before consulting with the athletic trainer, or school nurse. In this way we can save and manage number of student’s health at a time with the help of digital health wallet.
“Keeping kids safe and healthy is an important job. When information is flooding in, an DHW can help you manage the load, so you are free to focus on providing care to the students who need it.”